Sorry for the inconvenience. I understand that you have cancelled your reply, no issues. Anyway I had drafted my reply before this, so just posting here. Please contact support for cancellation.
Hello and thankyou for approaching DoctorSpring.
I have gone through your case, and understand your concern.
From what you have described, you started with an upper respiratory tract infection( affecting your tonsil, pharynx in your throat), hence the flu like symptoms, fever sore throat and cough. But as it often happens the infection from the throat can go down causing a lower respiratory tract infection(affecting your lungs) . It is probable that you now have a lower respiratory tract infection, which was the cause of the mucus being coughed out, feeling tired, having a body temperature off and on and having the stinging chest pain.
The paracetamol and Ibuprofen will only give your symptomatic relief by taking care of the fever. It will not take care of the infection that is causing it.
I would suggest you take a course of antibiotics and the following medications. This is because of two reasons - 1. You have a travel history 2. You have symptoms suggestive of Streptococcal infection. Unlike in US, it is better not to have a wait and watch approach for initiating antibiotics.
1) C.Amoxicillin + Clavulanate 500 mg thrice daily for 7 days or T. Azithromycin 500 mg once a day for 3 days are the best options. The reason why I am mentioning the name is because you may be able to get it from a Nurse practisioner or even from Pharmacy itself. But you will need to take it under the guidance of a Doctor.
2) Continue with paracetamol thrice daily after meals for 3 days
3) Tab Prilosec once a day before meals for 5 days to take care of the gas in your stomach.
4) Mild warm saline gargle twice a day.
However if you feel that you have any of the following warning signs, visit the medical center immediately. If you feel you are having shortness of breath, Fever is high spiking, you notice blood in the sputum, severe sweating or you feel tired even with slight walking or your chest pain worsens.
The irregular heartbeat probably due to stress and fever. But considering the possibilty of Streptococcal infection I would like to know some additional information from you.
1.Do you have any joint pain (even small joints)
2. Any swelling, rashes ?
3. Is there swelling in your neck / underside of neck ?
4. Is the area endemic for Malaria ?
6. How is the cough now ? How does the sputum look ?
I hope this has helped. Feel free to follow up. You can reply as a followup