Cause for itchy red rash all over the body.

Hello Doctor, I have had this itchy red rash all over my body for 2 days now. It started off from my back about 4 days ago and today I even got it on my feet. I had taken antihistamine and applied steroid ointment but they are not alleviating the rash. I haven't eaten any unusual, my kids are fine, my youngest son who share the bed with me is also fine. By doing some search on the net, the rash could be heat rash, bug bites and STDs.... Please help!

Thanks for posting your query on DoctorSpring.com.
This seems to be an urticarial rash most likely due to some medication.
-Have you taken any painkiller or any medication for cough or cold in the last 15 days?
-Do you have any sores in the mouth or genitals or nose, eyes etc?
-How long have you been using the anti-histamine and steroid cream?
-Can you please specify their names?
I would recommend that if the rash is not subsiding with anti-histamines and steroid creams for more than a week, it would be best to visit your doctor who can start you on treatment with oral corticosteroids.
That should help to get the rash in control.

Hello I have been taking antihistamin and and using steriod creams since last thursday and started to take oral corticosterioid since Friday morning. The situation hasn't improved. Could it be STD related rash since these medications are not working, controlled and still spreading.. How many days does it take for these meds to work? Also I don't have sores in the mouth or genitals or nose, eyes etc.. Please advise!

You seem to be on the right treatment. However, is there any reason for you to suspect that the rash is due to an STD? It does take a few days for the treatment to start working.
I would recommend that you take a combination of anti-histamines like Claritin and Allegra, at different times of the day, or you could consult your doctor to increase the dose of the anti-histamine that you are currently taking. Which one are you taking?