Cause for swollen itchy redness in toe.

I had this redness appear first on my left middle toe then my right. It first itched now it's swollen and stiff.. If I don't put lotion on it it gets scaley also. It has been there for about 2-3 weeks. Do you know what it is?

I do smoke and have a history of hypertension. I weigh 287 lbs

Right now there seems to be a bacterial infection of the soft tissues. That's the reason for it being swollen and stiffness.

First that needs to be taken care of. I would recommend an oral antibiotic called azithromycin to resolve it. Application of a mix of cortisone and neosporin cream twice a day after the swelling subsides to take care of the redness.

Please send me a picture of the toes when the swelling subsides for a follow up.