Chance of E coli 0157 infection through human faeces exposure

E Coli 0157---

I have read that E Coli 0157 is not NATRUALY found in human instestines or feces. It seems the source is certain animal intestines. Of course, this could spread from animal to water. vegetables, humans ect.

Assuming someone does not have an active E Coli 0157 infection, then it would not be possible for them to spread E Coli 0157 through there feces to another person correct?

I say this because if if does not naturally occur in humans, then the only way a human could spread this specific strain through these feces is if they had an active infection, which of course they had to get from another source such as meats, vegetables, or a human who had an active infection.

Basiclly my question is, you cannot get the 0157 strain from another humans feces, unless they were currently infected with it (which of course would be pretty clear)

Correct?

What other infections can someone get by accidently getting feces in there mouth? (assuming the feces person had no stds, or other know active diseases)

Thank you for asking your question at DoctorSpring.

E Coli 0157 does not occur naturally in humans.
And yes one can get E Coli 0157 infection from another person faces if he/she is infected with E Coli 0157. (And won't get if the person is not infected).

I hope this is clear. In medical terms this is called feco oral transmission. And this is a pretty common mode of disease transmission in humans, even though you will not be aware of it. So you can theoretically get any of the diseases which are transmitted via feco oral transmission by accidental exposure to faeces.

A cursory Google search will give you the list of feco orally transmitted disease. (hepatitis A , salmonella , shigella . Giardia , pin worm infections are some examples) I am not repeating it here because as it is redundant.

Please feel free to ask followup questions,