Helped Over 500,000 patients with 98%+ satisfaction.

Connect & Get Personalized 1-to-1 Answers from Expert Doctors

DoctorSpring > Question Home

Chances of HIV after encounter with prostitute.

Resolved Question:

hi. Early two years ago i had an encounter with a sex worker who happened to be lactating when she revealed one breast i sucked on it and sucked her milk for around a min maybe less not sure. when she removed her top she had spots on her chest and her other breast was smaller with kind of swollen nipple, so i stopped there and decided to leave. About a year after that incident i was getting acidic problems when i eat and wanting to burp to feel comfortable and when i went to the doctor it turned out that i had h.pylori positive. i also did blood test (except hiv blood test) and all else was good. i took medication for around a month for the h.pylori condition and the follow up 4 weeks later showed that i was clear from it. i dont think i have had any symptoms of hiv infection. should i still get tested for HIV its kinda worrying me every time i notice a red spot on my body it scares me. please help

Category: Community

Ask Your Own Question

Category: Family Physician-GP
 21 Doctors Online


If you are worried you might have contracted HIV, I would recommend that you take HIV spot test. Although the sex worker in question seems to have had mastitis because she was lactating. The different sizes of breast does happen when a women is lactating. The H. Pylori is a normal resident of the stomach present in about 80 % of the population. In a few people they cause gastritis and ulcers and need to be treated. It doesn't have any relation to the HIV infection. As you are worried about the appearance of rash I would recommend you to get a HIV test.

I would recommend the following-

1)I would advise you to not visit sex workers in the future as the risk of contracting sexually transmitting disease is very high.

2)If you do visit a sex worker makes sure you use protection and follow safe sexual practices.

3)Get an HIV test from the nearest laboratory to put your mind at ease. I would also recommend a complete blood count and a physical.

4)If you have not completed the triple regimen drugs for H. pylori infection, complete the entire course. H. pylori are very resistant to treatment and incomplete course of antibiotics can make them resistant to treatment.

5)Eat a good balanced diet with good portion of proteins carbohydrates and vitamins. Also follow a strict regimen of exercise.

Thank you.

Dr. John Monheit
Category: Family Physician-GP
Residecny: North Colorado Family Medicine
Medical School: The Chicago Medical Center
Dr. John Monheit and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

Users who read this, also read:

Make informed and better medical decisions.

Join the 500,000 people who found a smarter, quicker way to get Answers, Recommendations & Expert Opinions.

Expert Doctors at fingertips

Recommendation on next step. Second-opinion.Multi-specialty.

Save Time

Average time for answers: 6 hours.

Save Money

$35 for typical specialist consult vs. $120 for a local appointment.

Free Follow-ups

Clarify, ask further questions for free in private conversation.

100% Satisfaction

Money back guarantee for the 1st reply. MEDNET Quality Board.

Start My Consultation



Doctor Spring is a novel online Doctor consultation platform where you can get your medical questions answered by leading Doctors. Just Submit your question and rest assured that you will consult a Doctor easily. Once you submit the question, the Doctor from the concerned specialty will reply within hours. You can always ask more questions or add details with follow-up question options and make it an online doctor chat. You may use this service to consult a specialty or for getting medical second opinion. All paid services come with a MEDNET quality assurance and 100% money back guarantee.

DoctorSpring in news