Changing BIRTH CONTROL PILL type. When to start?

Hello Dr. I am concerned about my when to start my birth control pills as i have been told by my doctor to start when i get my period. Yet i am late as always due to my abnormal periods. My last period was Sept.3 and thats when my doctor told me to change the birth control type for i had abused it in taking it at wrong times to missing many pills and in which effected my body shape. She requested i take a month brake without the pills and start with YASMINELLE pills.
Now its Oct.27 and my period has not come and i have started to brake into facial acne. and it is for this reason i was on the pills initially.
Please let me know if i can start the pills now to heal my acne for i dont know when my period will come and at times it takes up to 3 months to come.

Thank you and awaiting your intelligent response.

It is not wise to start your birth control pills without a period.
Since you have irregular and delayed cycles, and it is necessary to start the pills for controlling acne, it is best to induce a period first.
You can contact your gynecologist for this.
However, I can give you an idea about how to do it.
Which country do you reside, and what is your height and weight?
Generally , 5 days of progesterone pills are given twice a day, after which bleeding ensues ( a withdrawal period ) within a week at the most.
You can start the birth control pills on the second day of your artificially induced period.
All the best.
Please feel free to discuss further.

Thank you doctor for your wise response.
I reside in Italy, 34 years old, 5'4 height or 165cm
I am aware of the progesterone pills to produce artifical period,
The main and only problem is my acne for i have an event to attend in the next 6 days .. Can you prescribe an effective solution, or pills?
Thank you Doctor

Thank you for the appreciation.
Well, 6 days is real short notice !
You need atleast a week to induce a period and then the Yasminelle would take a few more days to clear the acne.
For a quickfix solution for acne, a dermatologist is best consulted.
Can you upload photos of the acne, how severe is it ?
I could have a look and suggest some topical ointment for it.
As a rule of thumb, DONT TOUCH IT.
Just cleanse your face with a good quality oil free cleanser ( Sebamed is a good brand ) and moisturize with a non oily, non greasy light moisturizer.
You could try dabbing a bit of turmeric on it before sleeping at night, it sometimes work wonders, well worth the soiled bed linen !

Thank you Dr.
As for my facial breakthrough, the zits are some white heards to some light pink medium size and not large around maninly my chean, and starting a couple on my lower cheap and 1 at the top of my nose just next to my eyes...
Any ointments available in Italy would be great for i know the would not have the same products as other countries.
Thank you and i wil try the tumeric

Hello, Thank you for the follow-up.
Clindamycin gel is a very good product that when applied topically results in dramatic clearance of mild acne, which is what your case sounds like.
IN Italy, Pfizer Italy would market it as Cleocin , and it should be available at any good pharmacy.
Try and use that meanwhile.
Hope this helps, would be glad to answer any follow-ups.