Lazy, no interset in spending time with people. Reason.

HI,
I'm normally an active person, I like to go out, meeting with friends or dating women. During last few months I don't feel any motivation to spend much time with people. They look boring to me, I lose interest in conversation after 10-20 minutes. I'm not listening to and following meetings at work. Just prefer to sit in a trance state or think about something else. I blame very lazy and I also lost sexual desire into women. What is happening to me, doctor?

Category: Hepatologist

Expert:  Dr. Ratnakar Kini replied 4 Days.

I am Dr.R.K and I am pleased to assist you.
As per your report, you are positive for hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg).
The liver enzymes are increased more than two times the upper limit of normal.
The viral load is 1.64X 100000 IU/ml (9.56 X100000 copies/ml).
But the HBeAg status is not known.
You need to take baraclude.
I would advise you to get HBeAg test also done before starting the treatment.
The end point of treatment should be normalization of liver enzyme levels, appearance of antibody to HBeAg and HbsAg.
Your serum alpha fetoprotein is not significantly raised.
Every 6 months you need to get serum alpha fetoprotein test repeated along with ultrasound scan of the abdomen.
I hope that answers your question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr.R.K.

Hi doctor, thank you for your reply. From the Internet someone said I can't stop taking this medicine if I start to use it. Otherwise I will get worse. Does this medicine have that problem? Is that means I have to take this forever? Also, I heard this medicine has strong side effect. Is that true?

Expert:  Dr. Ratnakar Kini replied 3 Days.

Thanks for getting back to me with more questions.
The duration of treatment depends on the response.
Normalization of liver enzymes, disappearance of HBeAg and appearance of antibodies to HBeAg and HBsAg are the endpoints for the treatment. It is difficult to say when these endpoints can be achieved. In other words you may have to take this medication for a long period of time.
It can cause side effects like worsening of hepatitis, lactic acidosis and enlargement of the liver and less serious effects like headache, tiredness and nausea.

Dr. Ratnakar Kini
Fellowship - DM - TN Dr.MGR Medical UniversityResidency - TN Dr.MGR Medical University Medical School - Stanely Medical College, TN Dr.MGR Medical University