How long to continue antibiotics for cat scratch

How long can an infection from a cat scratch last? I have been on antibiotics for 10 days and there is no change at the point of infection. In your opinion should I continue on the antibiotics? No need to tell me to go back to my doctor, I am asking your opinion. What I really want to know is in your opinion is it reasonable to continue with antibiotics for a few more days.

Cat scratch disease is caused by a bacterium known as Bartonella Henselea following a scratch. It usually presents as swelling of the lymph node in the neck known as lymphadenopathy, bruising of the skin, redness, fever .The infection usually lasts up to 1-3 weeks and the lymph node takes longer to resolve about 3-4 months. Since you have used the antibiotics for 10 days it should be sufficient. There is no reason to be worried.