Dose of amoxicillin for Gonorhhoea

Hi
I am on holiday for three weeks in spain and have got Gonorrhea. I know this because I had it many years ago. I managed to let a pharamacy give me Amoxicillin 875mg pills. How many of these do i need to take if they are good for this?

Thank you for asking the query.

To treat Gonorrhoea Amoxicillin is taken in 3gram one time dosage. So you might need to take 3 capsules of 875mg Amox( or if you can 500mg – 6 capsules ). The combined dosage should be 3 gm. And it should be taken together, preferably with food.

But, please note Amoxicillin will work only if it’s a Gonorrhoea. Moreover antibiotic resistance is common and Amoxicillin is no longer the preferred drug of choice. Ceftriaxone single dose injection or Azithromycin 2gm single oral doses are the preferred treatment options.

I recommend to get in touch with a Family Physician or STD specialist for further treatment.
Please feel free to ask followup questions.