Cause for MILD DYSPLASIA in BIOPSY without smoking.

I'm 52 years old patientold, Female. I just received the news that my Biopsy results came out with Mild Dysplasia. I don't smoke, don't drink. The HPV viruses tests came out negative . I am so mad that a person like me that only has had in my whole life one sexual partner had this kind of diagnosis. I need to understand this better, Can someone please explain this to me

Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
Well, cervical dysplasia is always related to HPV.
The risk of acquiring HPV increases with the number of sexual partners you have, since it is sexually acquired after all, but that does not mean that if you have been in a monogamous relationship , you will never get exposed to, or infected with, HPV.
It is estimated that at least 75% of people who have sex will get some sort of genital HPV in their lifetime. Even those who have only one sexual partner have up to a 20% chance of encountering HPV, so there lies your answer.
Fortunately most women clear their HPV infection within 8 to 24 months. This is particularly true for adolescents and women in their early to mid 20’s. By clearing the infection, I mean that it would be undetectable on a lab test, and thus clinically insignificant. Like most viruses, HPV is something a woman can contract years old patientbefore she ever was to have a detectable level because it may never go away 100%.
So you could have had the virus, and had a good immune system, and cleared it off, which is why it would not show up on your lab test.
This is just random, it is like saying that yes, being obese and not exercising increases your risk of having an adverse cardiac event, but just because you are not obese does not mean that you would never have a heart attack !
Hope what I have written helps you in understanding the entire thing in a better manner.
Please feel free to discuss further.