Burning sensation while urinating

I am having burning sensation while urinating. After a long research over the internet, my symptoms match with Chlamydia. I am not sure.

Category: Andrologist

Expert:  Dr. Gautam Banga replied 4 Days.

Can you please elaborate on what the symptoms are other than burning sensation ? Are you sexually active ? Do you have a history of unprotected sexual intercourse.

You can reply as a followup

Hello Doctor,

Its just the burning sensation that i'm feeling while urinating but the sensation is more near external urethral opening. It has been 2 days i'm feeling this.
I observed my penis but i couldn't see any other unusual change but when i pressed it i felt pain like burning or inflammation on the tip(Corpus Spongiosum) near the external urethral opening but i couldn't see any inflammation.I think its inside the urethral opening. I am sexually active and I have had unprotected sexual intercourse.

My dad is also a Doctor, General Physician(MD). I've told him today that i'm having burning sensation. He has suggested me alkacitron and some medicines. I'm not medicating with these medicines right now. Since I'm not having frequent urination or urge to urinate everytime i am not sure if alkacitron will work in my case. Please help me. I'm worried. Do i or my partner need to get diagnosed with some tests? If yes, please suggested me. I'll get them done and upload the reports.

Expert:  Dr. Gautam Banga replied 3 Days.

Thank you. Since there is history of uprotected sexual intrcourse it is better to a do baseline in STD tests. The symptoms are not specific of Chlamydia, but possible. This burning sensation is not typical of STD. However you still need to get tested.

You will need a
Urine Routine
Urine Cultrue
Chlamydia Test Test (NAAT )
a HIV test (ELISA test or antibody test) at least 5-6 weeks from the last sexual encounter , if you it was a high risk encounter.

A treatment can de decided based on the urine tests result.
You can get back to me with the results

Hello doctor,

I'm uploading the results of my urine routine and urine culture.The NAAT test which you asked me to get is not possible in my city. Is there any alternative test for chlamydia test. I'm sure that I don't have HIV since I've have had just one partner till date and she isn't HIV positive. I've been using Levofloxacin 500mg per day and alkacitron too for three days as suggested by my father. The burning sensation has somewhat decreased. Just a little decrease not significant decrease. Symptoms are still the same. Just the burning sensation when I urinate but frequency of uriantion has increased a bit not too much but I think its because of cold Weather here. I feel a little weak from inside and Feverish too. There is pain the muscles of my body (hands legs shoulders, etc). Do I need to medicate on any medicines? Do I need to get some other tests done too? How will I contact you if my follow up question limit ends?

Expert:  Dr. Gautam Banga replied 2 Days.

The urine test results are normal.
For now please continue and finish Levofloxacin.
Drink plenty of water. Do stay dehydrated.

Please update me after a week after you finish the antibiotic course. I will keep the consult open, do not worry about the followup questions. If Chlamydia tests are no issues, we can consider it later.

Dr. Gautam Banga
MS Surgery: MGM Medical College & M.Y Hospital Indore
Residency: M.Ch, Urology, SMS Medical College & Hospitals Jaipur
Medical School: MBBS, BJ Medical College, Pune, 2001
Training in Urethral Reconstructive surgery: Kulkarni Reconstructive Urology center, Pune