Clicking sound without pain in TFCC tear. Still need surgery?

I fell about 4 months ago on my wrist and went through 6 weeks of occupational therapy per my doctors recommendation. It has been extremely painful and O. Therapy did not fix my problem so I got an mri three weeks ago and it shows I have a tfcc tear. My doctor referred me to an orthopedic surgeon in which I spoke to last week. I am scheduled for surgery on the 19th of this month... However. In the past week my symptoms of pain have almost completely gone away but I still have clicking and popping. Is this unusual? Also, should I still get the surgery? I'm scheduled for a wrist arthroscopy. Thank u

Category: Orthopedic Surgeon

Expert:  Dr. Mukesh Tiwari replied 4 Days.

Thank you for posting your query at DoctorSpring.com
It looks from your details that your distal radioulnar joint is not unstable.In about two third cases which are not symptomatic the TFCC injury remain asymtomatic for 10 year.So in my opinion you should defer surgery if you no pain on movement at your wrist.
Hope this will help you,

Dr. Mukesh Tiwari
Fellowship - Khandaka Hospital, Jaipur
Residency - MS, Rabindranath Tagore Medical College, Udaipur, 2000
Medical School, Internship - MBBS, SMS Medical College, Jaipur, 1995