Cocaine use prior to surgery

I have gallbladder removal surgery tomorrow (monday) and took half a gram of cocaine on friday night will it affect my surgery or the anaesthetic? I threw up loads yesterday so I'm hoping its out of my system but really need some help I never normally do it and know it was stupid but Im panicking after reading some horror stories about people waking up during surgery online.

Well, that indeed was a stupid thing to do ! Cocaine can interact with the anaesthetics and may cause adverse effects. So in case of non emergency elective surgeries it is safe to wait till the drug is off your body.

Typically it is 72 hours after the last use (cut off varies in certain institutions or when there is negative cocaine screening test.

So your best option would be to declare this information to your Anaesthetist / Surgeon and let them decide whether the Surgery need to be postponed or not.

If you choose not to disclose, most likely you should be safe, but there is a small but sizeable risk.

Feel free to ask followups