Helped Over 500,000 patients with 98%+ satisfaction.

Connect & Get Personalized 1-to-1 Answers from Expert Doctors

DoctorSpring > Question Home

Constant pain in testicles after being hit. Treatment?

Resolved Question:

Hello, I was struck repeatedly in my testicles in a fight until I lost consciousness about 8 months ago. I am a 49yo male police officer and this happened while I was on duty. I did not seek medical treatment at the time because I was too embarrassed. Since then I've had constant pain in my testicles. The swelling went away and the pain lessened, but I still feel pain. I take ibuprofen which helps, but sometimes the pain increases until I am doubled over, usually at the end of the day or when I am very tired. I use ice until the pain dies down when that happens.

I've been told I should go see a urologist, but I wanted to know if the pain might eventually go away by itself. This happened on duty and I'm concerned how it will affect my job and my insurance since it's 8 months later.I'm also concerned about taking any heavy painkillers because of my job also.

I don't have any other medical conditions and am in good health otherwise. Thanks.

Category: Urologist

Ask Your Own Question

Category: Sexually Transmitted Diseases(STD)Specialist
 24 Doctors Online

Thanks for your consult at
I shall advise you to see a urologist and may even get ultrasound scrotum.
However if you are not keen to see urologist then you can take curcumin with peprine. It has strong inflammatory properties and shall help you relieve your symptoms and has no side effects.
Take care
Rajiv Goel

Patient replied :

Hello, thank you for the answer. Is curcumin a prescription drug or can I get it over the counter? I also can't take anything that will make me drowsy. How long do you think the pain will last? The swelling has all gone down a long time ago.

It is available over the counter and take it for 4 weeks twice daily and you shall be fine.

Take care
Rajiv Goel

Dr. Rajiv Goel
Category: Sexually Transmitted Diseases(STD)Specialist
MCh(urology) Medical Council of India
Fellow, Laparoscopic urology, Germany
Fellow, Urooncology and Robotic urology, Australia
Felloship - MCH, Urology/Genito-Urinary Surgery, AIIMS, 2004
Residency - MS, Master of Surgery, AIIMS, 2001
Medical School - MBBS, Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, AIIMS, 1998
Dr. Rajiv Goel and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

Users who read this, also read:

Make informed and better medical decisions.

Join the 500,000 people who found a smarter, quicker way to get Answers, Recommendations & Expert Opinions.

Expert Doctors at fingertips

Recommendation on next step. Second-opinion.Multi-specialty.

Save Time

Average time for answers: 6 hours.

Save Money

$35 for typical specialist consult vs. $120 for a local appointment.

Free Follow-ups

Clarify, ask further questions for free in private conversation.

100% Satisfaction

Money back guarantee for the 1st reply. MEDNET Quality Board.

Start My Consultation



Doctor Spring is a novel online Doctor consultation platform where you can get your medical questions answered by leading Doctors. Just Submit your question and rest assured that you will consult a Doctor easily. Once you submit the question, the Doctor from the concerned specialty will reply within hours. You can always ask more questions or add details with follow-up question options and make it an online doctor chat. You may use this service to consult a specialty or for getting medical second opinion. All paid services come with a MEDNET quality assurance and 100% money back guarantee.

DoctorSpring in news