Cough, wheezing, fever by virus. Treatment.

My son has a virus that is causing a lot of coughing on his chest coupled with wheezing. Until today he had run slight elevated temperature which we were medicating with Calpol. This morning his temperature is running what seems very low (about 34.5) and is really bad tempered. He is 4 years and 10 months. Should we take him to the doctor again

Category: Oncologist

Expert:  Dr. Prasad Eswaran replied 4 Days.

I have seen your CT scan and find that the lesion is solitary.
Could you do a PET CT scan of the whole body to make sure if no other part of the body has disease elsewhere. Based on that appropriate diagnosis and treatment can be decided.
Once the reports are ready you can upload it for me to review.
Kind regards.
Dr. Prasad E, MD DM ( Onco )

Ok I will do PET CT Scan within 2-3 days. Can you please tell me wheather the node is malignant? or it may occur due to any lung infection? If this is detected as cancer then what will be the next step? The treatment will be Chemotheropy, Surgery, Radiation ? or it can be treated by medicine only?

Thanks,
Sourim

Expert:  Dr. Prasad Eswaran replied 3 Days.

Hello Sourim,
The treatment decision depend upon the findings identified in PETscan. Please update the reports so as to guide you in the right way.
Kind regards,
Dr. Prasad E.

Sir, PET-CT is attached here

Expert:  Dr. Prasad Eswaran replied 2 Days.

Kindly note that this consult is over a month old now and hence has been closed.
If you still want to continue and consult the same specialist you can initiate a new consult and we will be happy to assist you further.
Hope this information was helpful,
InHouse Physician.

Dr. Prasad Eswaran
Doctorate in Medicine (Fellowship in Oncology), DM,  Madras Medical College & Govt. General Hospital, Chennai, India.

Doctor of Medicine (Residency in Radiation Oncology) , MD, Christian Medical College, Vellore, Tamilnadu, India, 2004-06.

Diploma in Medical Radiology & Therapy (Residency in Radiation Oncology), D.M.R.T, Madras Medical College & Govt. General Hospital, Chennai, India, 2004-06.

Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery - M.B.B.S, Govt. Stanley Medical College & Hospital, Chennai, India, 1998-2004.