Could not get ERECTION in middle of INTERCOURSE.

Is it possible to get erectile dysfunction out of nowhere at age 20?
I was in the middle of intercourse when my penis became soft it was erect but soft and few minutes later it was fully soft and i could not get an errection afterwards just half way. I don't know if it is a health problem or am i stressed out. Thank you.

Expert:  Dr. Srikanth Reddy replied 4 Days.

Thank you for posting your query at DoctorSpring.com
At age 20 years old patientthe most common reason for an event of erectile dysfunction is psychological. For proper sexual function to develop, one needs proper functioning and coordination of the genitals and the state of mind. If there is any problem with the state of mind, then erectile dysfunction develops. At age 20 years, its very unlikely to develop erectile dysfunction due to organic reasons. The most common reason being anxiety and stress due to the relationship issues with the partner.
I would suggest you should meet a psychiatrist/psychologist along with your partner to analyze various relationship issues.
If you need any further clarifications, do let me know.
Kind regards
Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD

Dr. Srikanth Reddy
Doctor of Medicine (MD), Psychiatry Residency Program,2001 – 2012
M.B.B.S,Mahatma Gandhi Institute Of Medical Sciences, Sevagram

Certificate Course in sex Therapy and Counselling, Sexology and Counselling, A
Sexology,Medikon Sexual Sciences, Mumbai

Training in Advanced Neurology at a leading corporate hospital (CARE hospital) in Hyderabad

Child Psychiatry Training in National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro-Sciences, Bangalore

Sex Therapy and Counsellingat MEDIKON Sexual Sciences, Mumbai.