Cyst in the middle of the chest region.

I've had an cyst in the middle of my chest for years. Recently I've noticed it is moving down my chest. Today I realized it has become smaller. From a quarter size down to a dime. Still round. Should I be worried? Can it effect me internally?

Can you please provide some additional details regarding this swelling ? This will help me in forming a more solid and learned opinion.

1. How does this swelling feel to touch ? Soft/firm/hard ?
2. Does the swelling bulge out when you cough ?
3. Does this swelling move easily over your body /or is it fixed to muscle or bone ?

You can reply as a followup

1. Soft first layer then firm when is push on it
2. No
3. It feels fixed

It is unlikely that it will affect you internally. The swelling does not seem to be connect to the inside. It seems the cyst is regressing which is a good sign.

Just keep a causal watch on swelling. If the swelling has the following feautures - (1) enlargement of the swelling (2) impulse on cough (3) pain (4) discharge from the swelling (5) swelling become hard with irregular borders, then only it will need further evaluation. If the swelling is visible externally you can send me a picture of it.

Feel free to ask followups