Dark patches in skin after plucking hair with OCD.

Hi.
I have skin picking disorder (OCD), and the habit of picking on the my scrotum's follicles or sebaceous cysts. Sometimes they get inflamated (due to picking) but heal normally. This has been going on for ~10 years with no problems except for aesthetics'.

Eventually the blood spots also appear (which I believe are angiokeratoma) but they go away after a while and I think they're normal.

However, 5 or 6 years ago this big dark patch (image1.jpg) has appeared on a random place (there was no cyst there before). Since then it didn't grow in size nor changed format, so I didn't worry.

But then there's also those smaller dark patches, dozens of then, mostly on the same side of the big one as you can see on the other pics. They've also been there for a few years but I'm starting to get worried about them because I have a small feeling that they amount of them has been growing (not in size individually, but in amount).

I feel no pain at all, nor any change in skin's texture or anything.

Should I worry? What can those be? I know I have to visit a doctor but it's a big shame due to the OCD condition.

thanks

Expert:  Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy replied 4 Days.

Thank you for sharing the images too.
From your images, it is clear you have tiny angiokeratomas patches. There is a particular variant of angiokeratoma, which is slightly larger in size compared to the other smaller ones. Since the etiology is increased capillary pressure, there can be multiple such patches, which keep increasing in number. If it is causing cosmetic issues, you should meet a dermatologist to discuss the further treatment plans. And please do not be ashamed of your condition. We all have some kind of OCD, however, it is better you try to control the urge and do not do it, as it increases the chances of infections by manifolds.

Thanks for the reply!
I always thought angiokeratoma were the red & bumpy spots. I also have those, and they're usually temporary, like a blood spot. But they're clearly different than the ones I'm talking about (which aren't raised/bumpy, and looks permanent - specially the big one)
Are they really all the same? The "red ball"ones and the black patches?
I'm sending a few pics outlining the difference.
The brown ones look like "skin dirt" btw, while the red ones look like a blood bump.

thanks

Expert:  Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy replied 3 Days.

No, angiokeratomas can have different colors based on the hemorrhage pattern.
They vary from red to brown as you mentioned.
The black patches indicate previous petechial lesions.
Some keratomas can be big like the one you have, and they really do not cause any discomfort except for the aesthetic appearance.

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy
MBBS from Sri Ramachandra University in December 2011
M.Med (Family Medicine) - TNMGR University, Chennai
MBA-MPH in Public Health in March 2016, SRM University
Finished AFIH in March 2016, SRM University
MRCP ( UK ), Internal Medicine, Royal College of Physicians, June 2016
Fellowship in Diabetology from Martin Luther University in January 2017

Currently Senior Residency in MD Radiodiagnosis - Kamakshi Memorial Hospital, Chennai