Diarrhea/flu symptoms, stomach pain after returning from bali.

i have just returned from a two month stay in bali.
while there i was sick for about 10 days with severe diarrhea/flu like symptoms/bali belly that did not subside until about three days into a 7 day course of cipro.
since my return i have suffered from severe stomach/gastro cramping and pain, little appetite, and general malaise. the pain is particularly bad immediately after eating, even small amounts of bland foods like a piece of toast.
i am unsure how to proceed.

Category: Gastroenterologist, Medical

Expert:  Dr. Ratnakar Kini replied 4 Days.

I am Dr.R.K and I am pleased to assist you.
It looks like you have gastritis either due to the medication you took or due to infection you had.
You can take Prilosec once daily before breakfast for relief.
Since you have cramping also, take Librax twice daily along with Prilosec for good relief.
If symptoms persists, you need to undergo a stool test to see if the infection is still present causing the cramps and also an upper GI endoscopy.
I hope that answers your question.
Please let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr.R.K.

Dr. Ratnakar Kini
Fellowship - DM - TN Dr.MGR Medical UniversityResidency - TN Dr.MGR Medical University Medical School - Stanely Medical College, TN Dr.MGR Medical University