Diets to be avoided in TUBERCULOSIS of ILEUM, USG

My father has abdominal tuberculosis but on biopsy they could not be sure about it but on USG finding they suspect tuberculosis of ileum and cecum he is on anti tuberculosis drug now
Pls see the report and give me suggestion and also tell about the diet he should avoid and what diet should he take

Category: Gastroenterologist, Medical

Expert:  Dr. Ratnakar Kini replied 4 Days.

I am Dr.R.K and I am pleased to assist you.
Though the biopsy was inconclusive, the history ,symptoms, high ESR, colonoscopic findings a s USG scan findings are all suggestive of abdominal tuberculosis only.
Let him continue the anti tuberculous medications.
Let there be periodic follow up to assess improvement in the general health.
There is nothing like diet that should be avoided in abdominal tuberculosis.
He needs to take enough calories.
He can take protein rich diet that may included egg and pulses (dhal).
Return of appetite and weight gain after taking enough calories are signs of improvement and that he is responding to treatment.
I hope that answers your question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr.R.K.

Thanku but he is having acidity and gas in stomach which causing lot of discomfort pls tell medicine so that he can be relief of that Can he eat sugar made sweets like white rassagulla etc Can he eat cottage cheese

Expert:  Dr. Ratnakar Kini replied 3 Days.

For acidity and gas, he can take C.Iladac-L once daily before breakfast for 4 weeks and T.Galto thrice a day till relief.
He can eat Rosagulla provided he is not a diabetic.
Since he is having acidity and gas issue, he needs to restrict eating these things.
I hope that answers your query.

Pls tell the composition of medicine or tell the drug which is available in India What C and T stand for in drug written by you Pls tell composition so that I can buy

Expert:  Dr. Ratnakar Kini replied 2 Days.

C stands for capsule and T stands for tablet.
Iladac- L contains ilaprazole 10 mg plus levosulpiride 75 mg.
Galto contains alpha galactosidase enzymes.
You can buy Iladac-L and Galto.
Dr.R.K.

My father develop pain in shoulder joint and difficulty in lifting his hand upward it is not severe but yes it is causing problem Pls tell whether is it due to side effect of medicine Pls tell how to treat this conditions I will be thankful if you could help me

Expert:  Dr. Ratnakar Kini replied 1 Day.

It could be due to arthritis or periarthritis if he is a diabetic.
He can take Tab. Ibuprofen 400 mg SOS for relief.
But you need to get an x-ray done for him and proceed according to the orthopaedic surgeon's advise.

Dr. Ratnakar Kini
Fellowship - DM - TN Dr.MGR Medical UniversityResidency - TN Dr.MGR Medical University Medical School - Stanely Medical College, TN Dr.MGR Medical University