Effect of ALCOHOL on LEVAQUIN for CHLAMYDIA.

I was diagnosed 2 weeks ago with chlymydia I recieved rocephin and the effects subsided. I was then given levaquin a week later to make sure the disease was gone as my urine and blood came back clean for stds. Levaquin was prescribed to be on the safe side 500 mg once daily. I did not read anything about alcohol and levaquin but 2 days ago I got very intoxicated. Will this effect my treatment ( I only have 3 levaquin left) ? Will my std come back or am I ok. I only drank on the antibiotics once and they did not make me sick? So will I be ok ? Also is it still normal to have some minor irritation after infection has cleared ?

Cody

Yes you have been given appropriate treatment for Chlamydia, and treatment initiated at the right time ensures that Chlamydia is fully treated. Plus with Levaquin therapy, even latent organisms won't be able to survive.
Generally we don't recommend alochol when you're on any antibiotic for that matter, because different people react differently. For a few studies are established, such as Metornidazole, but even for others we strictly recommend no alcohol when you're on antibiotics. That is mostly because antibiotics already cause some gastric upset, and limits the digestion, on top of that if you take alcohol, it can lead to severe vitamin deficiency.
But one such episode won't affect your STD in any way. So please go ahead and finish your course. Also yes the irritation might persist for a few days.That is normal.

i recieved a blood test and urine test . I'm just curious if the full tests test for herpes. Also would I have had a break out by now? Thank you sorry I am nervous this is the first time I have had an std. My tests all came back negative , I'm just curious .

thanks
cody

Yes any STD panel will definitely have Herpes as one of its component tests.
Regarding the breakout, a lot of adults will have herpes in their serum, and yet show no symptoms or outbreaks. But mostly yes, it does not take more than 2 weeks for the symptoms to appear.
So the only conclusive way is to find out from the reports. If the IGM antibodies are negative, then there is no herpes.

So getting drunk one night wouldn't effect my antibiotic, condition or recovery ?

No it won't affect your recovery in any way.
The only thing, it predisposes you to acute episodes of gastritis, or could have induced severe retching and vomiting at that point. But your STD recovery won't be hampered in any way.

Ok I'm sorry I'm full of questions . Any way of yeast infection I'm men ? And would that show up on a blood or urine test ? Sorry I just keep looking stuff up on the Internet I have anxiety and always look stuff up. I guess cause I still have milf irritation even though my meadus is not red. Infection occured 3 weeks ago now I only had symptoms 2 days after unprotected sex is it normal to be so fast ?

Expert:  Dr. Kruti Jobanputra Banodkar replied 1 Day.

No yeast infection is more of a clinical diagnosis.
It won't show up in the routine STD panel.
Chlamydia/ Gonorrhoea, both have very less incubation period and hence they can present within a couple of days.
Some irritation though might persist for a while but it will get better.
I can assure you, the treatment given to you was extremely appropriate and therefore there is no reason to worry.
Internet will have various different articles, it will only cause more anxiety, so try and stay away.