Epididymal cyst

I am male, 30. I am being tested for epididymal cyst. The scan report did find a cyst in my left testi. Here is what the report say

"Left epididymal thin wall cyst seen measuring 10 * 7mm."

The doctor who told me to go through the "Doppler - Scrotal" scan said it's nothing to worry about. The problem is not uncommon. He gave me some medicines to use if and when it pains. The problem is, it pains as soon as I touch it or gently press it. Though the pain isn't much. But, I am worried since the size of the cyst is around 1 inch. I asked him if there is a way to dissolve it or something. He said since you aren't married and don't have kids, there is a highly possibility of infertility if anything goes wrong.

Everything else came as normal in the report
.
Also, the size of my testis measures differently
Right testis measures 4.0 * 2.3 mm
Left testis measures 3.9 * 1.9

is that normal? Or is it because of the cyst.

I am not sure what to do? Should I leave it like that? Since it pains once in a while is there a chance of seeing it growing bigger?

Category: Andrologist

Expert:  Dr. Rajiv Goel replied 4 Days.

Dear sir,

Epididymis cyst is very common and most of the patients don't experience any problem
You are essentially asymptomatic, other than mild pain occasionally. You should not do anything about the cyst. The only treatment is surgery and is required only if the pain is very severe or the size grows to such a size that it becomes troublesome.

As of now you need not worry about this.

Dr. Rajiv Goel
MCh(urology) Medical Council of India
Fellow, Laparoscopic urology, Germany
Fellow, Urooncology and Robotic urology, Australia
DNB - NBE
Felloship - MCH, Urology/Genito-Urinary Surgery, AIIMS, 2004
Residency - MS, Master of Surgery, AIIMS, 2001
Medical School - MBBS, Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, AIIMS, 1998