Erectile Dysfunction and diabetes

Dear doctor, I am a diabetes patient with type-1 diabetes. I am on drugs for that. Now, the problem is that I have a weak organ, or erectile dysfunction. What can I do to recover from it?

Expert:  Dr. John Fuller replied 4 Days.

It is unfortunate that you have erectile dysfunction. This is a common problem which is suffered by about 50-70% of diabetes patients. In men, it can also cause impaired functioning of nerves, blood vessels and muscles. It is always advised to consult a doctor for this problem. A doctor can suggest the best treatment option for you, including Viagra, Cialis, Levitra and such other drugs. Sometimes, intra cavernous injections are also administered.He may even suggest options like pumps or prosthesis.

Dr. John Fuller
MD - New York Institute of Technology, New York College of Osteopathic Medicine
Internship, Family Medicine - Lutheran Medical Center
Residency, Family Medicine - The Mount Sinai Hospital