Fear of cirrhosis from regular wine drinking

I am a 40 year old female in great health. I just had a physical 2 weeks ago and my complete bloodwork (kidney, liver, thyroid, CBC, etc.) came back perfect. I eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, drink plenty of water, avoid processed as much as possible and workout 6 days a week. I am not overweight. While I am in great physical health, I am in poor mental health. I worry constantly about the state of my health and focus on different organs/cancers at different times. I do have an appt to see a dr. about this next week (therapist with a PHD). My question is I have been worrying about my liver to an unhealthy extent. I check it all the time to see if it feels bumpy. I go over my Liver panel results (which are totally normal and great according to my dr.) and I fear anything I put in my body is going to scar my liver. I do worry because I have been drinking wine (an average of 2 glasses a night) for the past 15 years. I did take a year off when I was pregnant. Of course when I was younger, I would "party" but never to the point of a problem. The past month I have cut way back on wine. I read this stuff about how 2-3 alcoholic drinks a day over a decade can lead to cirrohsis (spelling?) and worry that I've damaged my liver. There is ZERO indication to prove that, but in my head there is. I know you can't tell me that I haven't and you probably have guidelines you have to adhere to, but I am hoping you can ease my mind. Should I just trust my blood results and be happy and continue in moderation along with a healthy diet, etc.? Thanks, Jen

From the information you have provided it seems you have a really good physical health and a healthy lifestyle. The liver functions are normal and you do not have any symptoms. So I would say your concern for cirrhosis liver is unreasonable. 2 drinks (wine) per day should be in safe limit (or upper safe limit).

Now I am pretty sure that you will keep worrying about your liver health. So I suggest an additional Ultrasound of abdomen. And this most likely will be normal. With a normal LFT + normal Ultrasound appearance of liver is strong indicator that the liver is structurally and functionally normal.

Glad to hear that you had cut down on alcohol.Just keep it that way. No other interventions are necessary as of now.

Feel free to ask followups / clarifications.