Feeling like drunken in evening with back bone pain.

Dear Sirs,

I ma going through few abnormalities but can not able to found a solution

1) I am feeling drunken (like unstable head ) specially in evening time and feeling un stable in few times when I suddenly move or move my head even in bed also.
2)My back boon is paining at extreme bottom of it.I concealed with a doctor he has recommended medicine for spondalisis .He has recommended one belt also.
3) Three day before I found my head top is swelling at one point ( 1 inch x 5 mm ).After two day it vanish and not found now.

Kindly suggest me is there any co relation in between above two.and please tell what may be the reasons.

Sujit
M:+91-9776801980

Category: Neurologist, Medical

Expert:  Dr. Sudhir Kumar replied 4 Days.

Hi Mr Sujit,
Thank you for posting your query.
I have noted your symptoms. First of all, I would like to reassure you that they are not suggestive of any serious brain or neurological disease. So, there is no need to worry.
The dizziness and imbalance are most likely due to benign positional vertigo (BPV), which occurs due to minor dysfunction in the ear. This would subside on own in a few days. You may take betahistine tablets for relief of symptoms.
Spondylitis causing low back pain is also common and the treatment advised by your doctor is correct.
There is no correlation between the dizziness and spondylitis.
The swelling of the head has gone, so, there is no need to worry about that.
Best wishes,

Dr. Sudhir Kumar MD (Medicine), DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist

Dr. Sudhir Kumar
Senior Residency, Fellowship: DM, Neurology, CMC, Vellore, 2001
Junior Residency: MD, Internal Medicine, CMC, Vellore, 1998
Medical School: MBBS, Christian Medical College, Vellore, 1995