Fever of UNKNOWN ORIGIN after OPEN HEART SURGERY.

My dad had a massive heart attack two and half months ago, he had to have emergency open heart surgery and had to be resuscitated with defibulator. He has been recovering and was doing fine. He has now had a fever of unknown origin for the past two and a half weeks of 103 degrees. He has seen his primary care doctor, his heart surgeon and his cardiologist who have all done blood work and chest x-rays and can see no reason he should have a fever. He stopped taking the medication that may cause a fever about a week ago and his fever has only gotten higher. He can not eat and can not get out of bed because of his fever. He is supposed to be trying to recover from his heart attack and his surgery but can not because of this fever, he is only growing weaker. We are desperate for some answers.. His nurse told him she wasn't sure if the ER would even admit him since blood work is showing no infection.. Please help.

It is highly unfortunate that your father is going through this. He seems to have Pyrexia of Unknown origin, and I need to review all his blood reports, before I can give you an answer. Kindly upload all the relevant reports, and do let me know if he has been evaluated by an infectious disease specialist.