First Intercourse and it didnt Bleed

I had sex for the first time and it didnt bleed.I have done fingering an number of times during which also no bleeding occured.I am not a sportsperson also..By fiance wants to know the reason. Can u plz tell me any possible cause for the same? Thank you for using Ask a doctor service from Doctor spring.

Not all women bleed with first-time intercourse. In a study it was found that at least 63 percent of the women did not have bleeding when they had their first sexual intercourse. Hymen is a thin membrane that covers the vagina. It may or may not be present at birth, in some women hymen only has tiny opening through which menstrual blood can escape but in others the hymen is just a rim of tissue. Sometimes it folds naturally along the walls of vagina. Not every virgin will have a type of hymen that will pop with her first act of intercourse. It may be broken without your knowledge during sports or masturbating using tampons or fingering. If the hymen is unbroken little bleeding can take place during the first sexual intercourse, however it cannot be regarded as a test for one’s virginity. Bleeding will not happen in a virgin girl in whom there was no hymen since birth, or ruptured without her knowledge during fingering, masturbating, or sports. Hope this helps. feel free to ask if you have any further questions.