Gay with bad physiche, misaligned teeth. Ways to improve.

Sir, my name is mohit. Actually my body type is ectomorph.A lot of my friends and relatives call me "slim" all the time. plus i'm gay and only some of my friends know about it. also i have not-properly aligned teeth. due to my bad physiche and not so good smile i think i'll never be able to find a guy for me that too in a country like india! (in india: gay? what?? stay away from me!:these is common words.) so in total i'm in extreme depression. but i can't even do suicide. it's not correct. so is their any way so that i can get a new life?

Category: Psychiatrist

Expert:  Dr. Srikanth Reddy replied 4 Days.

Hello Mohit,
Let me start by saying there is absolutely nothing wrong in being gay. Yes especially in India, our society is still lagging behind when it comes to accepting homosexuals, but there has been a definite improvement.
Regarding your body type, again ectomorph makes you look slim, however with good diet, and adquate work outs you can always improve your physique.
Alignment of teeth, you can always go to a dentist and get braces for while. I have personally seen a lot of my friends without misaligned teeth, but with braces they had their shape fixed and got the perfect looking teeth they desired for. The duration of braces might vary,depending on the gaps and type of teeth, but it is worth it. In fact it is considered extremely unfashionable in the western countries, if you don't have aligned teeth, so almost all teeange adults get braces.
About your smile, you're just being worried and have some psychological barriers to overcome. You definitely have a good smile, you just need some confidence.
So overall i can tell you, what you need is a more positive approach towards life. Don't worry about the society, who accept you are fine, and who don't, it's their loss. Most special people are thought to be weird. Isn't it? Just have a more positive outlook, work out a bit, develop your physique, and never think your smile is bad. You will find the partner once the time comes. A lot of males are openly coming out as gay nowadays, so it is not a problem.
Hope i was helpful,

Dr. Srikanth Reddy
Doctor of Medicine (MD), Psychiatry Residency Program,2001 – 2012
M.B.B.S,Mahatma Gandhi Institute Of Medical Sciences, Sevagram

Certificate Course in sex Therapy and Counselling, Sexology and Counselling, A
Sexology,Medikon Sexual Sciences, Mumbai

Training in Advanced Neurology at a leading corporate hospital (CARE hospital) in Hyderabad

Child Psychiatry Training in National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro-Sciences, Bangalore

Sex Therapy and Counsellingat MEDIKON Sexual Sciences, Mumbai.