Helped Over 500,000 patients with 98%+ satisfaction.

Connect & Get Personalized 1-to-1 Answers from Expert Doctors

DoctorSpring > Question Home

General STI check-up

Resolved Question:

Hi there,

I am a 19 year old male and am sexually active. I have a girlfriend who I just recently lost my virginity to. She wasn't a virgin before We had sex but she has been STI tested and it's all clear. Just wondering if it would be a good Idea for me to go to my GP and get my penis checked out? A general check up to make sure everything is working all okay and a STI check as we'll?

Thank you

I can provide an image if you would like.

Category: Family Physician-GP

Ask Your Own Question

Category: HIV- AIDS Specialist
 18 Doctors Online


Thank you for choosing DoctorSpring

Yes, if you had unprotected sex it will be a good idea to have a STD screening test. But if the sex was with condoms, then there is no need for testing. Regarding a Physical examination, do you have any lesion / rashes / swelling on your penis ? Id so you can attach a picture as a followup.

If there are no lesions / rashes / blisters then just a physical examination will not give any clue. So that is not really necessary.

Hope this helps
You can reply as a followup
Thank you

Patient replied :


Thank you for your help. I haven't seen anything around my penis of the things you are describing. Everything look healthy but then again I'm
No expert!

In that case it is unlikely that you have an STD. But feel free to send few images. I will be glad to give my opinion. But please note, this will not be a substitute for a STD screening. Thank you

Patient replied :

Thank you in have included 3 photos of my penis and scrotum for your to tell me if there is any areas of concern.

Thank you

Everything looks alright. No active lesions / marks / injuries

Wish you good health.

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy
Category: HIV- AIDS Specialist
MBBS from Sri Ramachandra University in December 2011
M.Med (Family Medicine) - TNMGR University, Chennai
MBA-MPH in Public Health in March 2016, SRM University
Finished AFIH in March 2016, SRM University
MRCP ( UK ), Internal Medicine, Royal College of Physicians, June 2016
Fellowship in Diabetology from Martin Luther University in January 2017

Currently Resident Physician, in MD Radiodiagnosis - Kamakshi Memorial Hospital, Chennai
Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

Users who read this, also read:

Make informed and better medical decisions.

Join the 500,000 people who found a smarter, quicker way to get Answers, Recommendations & Expert Opinions.

Expert Doctors at fingertips

Recommendation on next step. Second-opinion.Multi-specialty.

Save Time

Average time for answers: 6 hours.

Save Money

$35 for typical specialist consult vs. $120 for a local appointment.

Free Follow-ups

Clarify, ask further questions for free in private conversation.

100% Satisfaction

Money back guarantee for the 1st reply. MEDNET Quality Board.

Start My Consultation



Doctor Spring is a novel online Doctor consultation platform where you can get your medical questions answered by leading Doctors. Just Submit your question and rest assured that you will consult a Doctor easily. Once you submit the question, the Doctor from the concerned specialty will reply within hours. You can always ask more questions or add details with follow-up question options and make it an online doctor chat. You may use this service to consult a specialty or for getting medical second opinion. All paid services come with a MEDNET quality assurance and 100% money back guarantee.

DoctorSpring in news