Genital Herpes spreading to skin covering penis

I have harps on genitals and now its happening on skin which cover penis..I take 800 mg Acivir thn it get subsidized ,pl tell a permanent remedy

Thanks for posting your query.

If you have recurrent episodes of herpes, I would recommend that you need suppressive therapy with acyclovir for a few months.

Suppressive therapy means low dose acyclovir for long period of time.

I would suggest that you visit your doctor for the dose adjustment that you require for the treatment.

Suppressive therapy has proven to reduce the recurrences of herpes.

Does such herpes can happen on skin also..i mean the skin which cover the penis , further can you suggest a dose for few months.

Herpes can occur on the skin also.

The dose of acyclovir for suppressive therapy is 400 mg once a day. But I will recommend that you see your doctor to confirm the same in your case too.