GROUND GLASS OPACITY in CT. anything to worry?

Hi can you please take a look at the attached file.. Is Ground glass opacity anything to worry about?

Category: Radiologist

Expert:  Dr. Rohit Malik replied 4 Days.

I am one of the InHouse Physician and unfortunately i can't see any files attached in your dashboard.
Can you try uploading it again? Or else, you can email it directly to info@doctorspring.com
Thank You.
InHouse Physician.

Hi Dr its attached now, but I asked for a radiologist to reply. Will you be able to help?

Expert:  Dr. Rohit Malik replied 3 Days.

The ground glass opacities seen in the posterior aspect of the lung bases in a supine CT scan chest is a normal variant seen in most patients due to gravity dependant lymphatic stagnation ... This is unlikely to be a infection But I would still recommend that you do a blood test, Complete blood count & rule out if your total leukocyte count is raised. If not then DEFINITELY nothing to worry about ...
If it is then maybe taking a broad spectrum antibiotic course SOS should be more than enough to take care of the sub clinical infection,

Thanks for replying.. I was given co-amoxiclav at the time.. Also recently, I'd say in the last 3 weeks I have had a bad chesty cough and again taken the same antibiotics, I was coughing up a lot of green phlegm which has now calmed down a lot. It wouldn't be early signs of lung cancer would it?

Expert:  Dr. Rohit Malik replied 2 Days.

This does not sound like a cancer at all.
If the green phlegm has reduced after antibiotic , then it may have been a subclinical infection which seemed to have responded to antibiotics.
So nothing to worry about for sure

Dr. Rohit Malik

Ok thanks.. I have attached 2 other atrachments from the last couple of years.. Would u say the findings on there are the same as GGO but worded differently?

Expert:  Dr. Rohit Malik replied 1 Day.

Thanks for the additional images.
Yes they are the same as your current fidndings, just worded differently.

Dr. Rohit Malik
Residency, Fellowship: DNB, DMRD, DMRE, Diagnostic Radiology Residency Program, Seth G.S. Medical College & KEM Hospital, 1997 – 2001

Medical School: MBBS, Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), Lokmanya TIlak Muncipal Medical College, 1991 – 1997