Had my periods 2 days after having protected sex, but after that not got my period till now.

Hello, I am a 16 year old girl. My last period was on April 26th and ended on the 30th. I am irregular. My friend and i had sex on the 29th of April. We did use protection but i still took the "day after pill" no longer than 24hrs after that. On May 19th i took a pregnancy test which came out negative, and on May 26th (yesterday) i took another one, which also came out negative. Yet 28 days have passed since my last period and i have no cramps. (Just my nipples are a little swollen, i have some back pain and every now and then for the past 3-4 days i've been having some white discharge when i go pee) Can my period being delayed be a cause of the "day after pill" ? I would like your opinions on this. Thank you.

Yes, day after pills are also hormones. There are high chances it's the reason your periods are postponed.

The entire process of menstruation occurs, due to hormones, mainly estrogen and progesterone. They act on your endometrial, ovaries and breast to bring in the entire process of menstruation. When you have the birth control pills, these are hormones which will alter the process of menstruation leading to irregular periods.

You can wait for a week or two; your period's pattern will set in after a month’s time. You don't have to be anxious about it. Meanwhile, I would like to advise you to go for protection like condoms rather than birth control pills. You are only 16 and these pills do have their baggage of side effects. Always use condom when having sex.