Had sips of whiskey with positive PREGNANCY TEST.

Hi, I just took an at home pregnancy test and tested positive. I thought I was getting my period and last night had some sips of my husbands whiskey (probably less than 1 shot total). I'm anxious because I thought I was getting my period otherwise I would have never drank. Cleary I'm stopping now, but I want to know if this is something I shoudl be concerned about?

Expert:  Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy replied 4 Days.

I am Dr. Jaydeep and I am pleased to assist you.
The amount of whisky you had is not going to harm the baby in any way, so please do not worry.
When pregnant women keep drinking or binge drink, there will be lesser absorption of vitamin b12 from the intestine. This hampers the organogenesis and may result in congenital malformations. One such isolated exposure will cause no harm.

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy
MBBS from Sri Ramachandra University in December 2011
M.Med (Family Medicine) - TNMGR University, Chennai
MBA-MPH in Public Health in March 2016, SRM University
Finished AFIH in March 2016, SRM University
MRCP ( UK ), Internal Medicine, Royal College of Physicians, June 2016
Fellowship in Diabetology from Martin Luther University in January 2017

Currently Senior Residency in MD Radiodiagnosis - Kamakshi Memorial Hospital, Chennai