Haemorrhoids.

I have had a slight pricking feeling in my anus when I sit down. This has been happening for a week.

Today is did a self examination and I felt a boil or some kind of swelling in my anus. I have no bleeding in my stool

Is it a hemorrhoid or abscess?

I also had a a boil on my shoulder and just finished 5 days of amoxil
(amoxicillin) is a penicillin antibiotic) dosages was 2 tables of 500 mg each
per day

They boil in the shoulder has almost gone

The swelling in the anus is more likely to be a Haemorrhoid. Haemorrhoids are pretty common in general population. They are just dilated veins and can occur without much symptoms or with minor symptoms as in your case. Boils can occur, but they are not very common in anal region. Moreover if it was a boil it would have also got treated by the anitbiotic you had.

Most likely this small haemorrhoid will resolve without treatment. What you need to do is take a high fibre diet . See this http://www.mayoclinic.org/high-fiber-foods/art-20050948. Target at least 40gm per day. DO NOT stain while passing stools. If the symptoms persist you can use an OTC anti haemorrhoid cream like Preparation H once a day for a week.

Feel free to ask followups

How do u know it is not an anal abcess?

Well, there is no 100% rule out anal abscess. But you can get a pretty good idea by examining yourself. Is there pain when you touch the swelling ? Is there warmth ? (significant warmth) ? Is there any discharge ? Does the swelling appears tense ?

Anyway abscess is unlikely as you will have significant symptoms including fever. Boil is more possible. But most likely it is haemorrhoid. Please be informed that Haemorrhoid is nothing but a dilated vein normally found in the body.

You can reply as followup

Just went to see my GP.

He said it was a polyip. He gave me some anti biotics again. What is your opinion

Did your Doctor examine using a Anal speculum ? (Any instrument inserted into that anus and examined ?)

no he used his fingers

Expert:  Dr. Deepu Sebin Sebastian replied 1 Day.

Well I cannot dispute your Doctor's opinion since he has directly examined. But polyps are not very common and your symptom description does not perfectly fit a polyp. Also an antibiotic is not usually required for polyp (As it is a non infective swelling). This is not correlating.

I recommend you to take a high fibre diet anyway and see how it evolves. You can get back to me anytime.