A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Having lump on my testicle

Resolved Question:

hi I am having a lump attached to my left testicle(on its upper part) about 1.5/2 cm diameter since 11 years. I don't have any pain with it and after all not having any problem with it. It is not increasing in size. I don't have any history of testicular cancer in my family . Is it testicular cancer or it is a normal cyst ? It has never created any problem for me since 11/12 years.I am afraid. Please help me.

Category: Sexologist

Ask Your Own Question

Category: Family Physician-GP
Dr. John Monheit is online now

Expert:  Dr. John Monheit replied 4 Days.

Thank you for using Ask a doctor service from Doctor spring.

I can understand your concern. A small lump on a testicle may not always been testicular cancer. Since you have mentioned that it is not growing in size and you don't have a family history of testicular cancer it might be unlikely for you to have it. However, for the benefit of doubt, it is always worthy to consult with a general surgeon who would be able to give a definitive diagnosis after a thorough examination of the lump. In most of the cases, physical examination is enough for the surgeon to diagnose the problem in testis. This may include looking at and feeling (palpating) the testicles and scrotum. You will be asked questions about your health history and symptoms, such as:

When did you notice the lump?

Have you had any previous lumps?

Do you have any pain?

Does the lump change in size?

Is only one testicle involved? This will help him to identify the cause of the lump on the testis.

Other conditions which could possibly be with similar presentation are varicocele (abnormal enlargement of the pampiniform venous plexus in the scrotum) , (hydrocele fluid-filled sack in the scrotum ), warts, inguinal hernia or spermatocele(retention cyst of a tubule of the rete testis). All are primarily surgical entity, and all of it are also treatable. So it would be appropriate if you can consult a general surgeon or Genito urinary specialist to evaluate you further. The surgeon might examine the lump and he might ask you to do few tests which will help in diagnosing the problem like ultrasound of the scrotum.

Do not be afraid. Most likely it is not cancer, and other conditions diagnosed of causing this problem can also be treated completely.

Hope this helps. feel free to ask  if you need further help.

Dr. John Monheit
Category: Family Physician-GP
Residecny: North Colorado Family Medicine
Medical School: The Chicago Medical Center
Dr. John Monheit and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

Make informed and better medical decisions.

We believe that getting medical questions answered and getting qualified opinions from certified Doctors should be easier.

Specialists from
UK, US, Ind,
Aus & NZ

48000+ consults
in 2015

98.1% Satisfied

100% Satisfaction

How it works

  • Submit question, upload files, if any
  • Consult is assigned to a specialist
  • Doctor replies, Mean response time: 2 hours
  • Intimation by email, ask follow-ups

Recommendations based on

About DoctorSpring.com

Doctor Spring is a novel online Doctor consultation platform where you can get your medical questions answered by leading Doctors. Just Submit your question and rest assured that you will consult a Doctor easily. Once you submit the question, the Doctor from the concerned specialty will reply within hours. You can always ask more questions or add details with follow-up question options and make it an online doctor chat. You may use this service to consult a specialty or for getting medical second opinion. All paid services come with a MEDNET quality assurance and 100% money back guarantee.

DoctorSpring in News


Make informed and better medical decisions.

Close x

Your account has been deleted.

PS: You can unsubscribe from emails from DoctorSpring, by going to
Unsubscribe link provided in them.