having morning erectile dysfunction

Hello Doctor,

I am 45 years old and have been enjoying sex in the morning since my marriage. Recently I find that I am having erectile dysfunction whenever I feel the urge to have sex in the early hours of the morning. This is causing anxiety in me and has consulted a doctor who told me that it may be due to over stress and lack of a goodnight’s sleep. What to do now?

Expert:  Dr. John Fuller replied 4 Days.

Thanks for your question. There are many causes for morning erectile dysfunction out of which masturbating for long years is one of the main reasons. Other factors may be due to any strong medication or mental stress and physical over exertion. I would advise you to go to early sleep after having enough water. If this does not work, you can take tadalafil which is an oral medication. One tablet a day for two days may give you the desired result. You can also try another medication called sildenafil and try out which one works better for you. Another important thing is not lose confidence as a man as this episode may not be long lasting and very soon you will be able to regain morning erection. 

Dr. John Fuller
MD - New York Institute of Technology, New York College of Osteopathic Medicine
Internship, Family Medicine - Lutheran Medical Center
Residency, Family Medicine - The Mount Sinai Hospital