Headache, dizziness and lump on head after injury. CONCUSSION?

I was wondering how to really tell if you have a concussion without going to have a cat scan… I work in a welding shop and had a large piece of metal hit me in 2 different spots on my head which knocked me out for only a few seconds. One spot has a large lump and doesn't hurt to bad but the other spot is extremely tender and has no lump but more of a soft spot… I haven't felt any symptoms that I've googled other then extreme headaches and dizziness for only like an hour after the it happened… The headache has made me feel really tired and grumpy and has only been getting worse… I don't have health insurance and I have no clue what to do because I can't afford to go to the doctor…. Please help me

Hello. Thank you for posting your query at DoctorSpring.com
Though there is not definitive way to say if you have a concussion without the CT, but most people who develop concussion following a trauma to their head will have symptoms such as headache, visual disturbances, and nausea/ vomiting, apart from the mood changes and sleep diturbances that can occur later. Nausea/vomiting is an very important sign, and i always instruct the patients to watch out for vomitting, following any head trauma. Since you have not developed any nausea/ vomiting tendency till now, it does not look like a concussion.
The blow was obviously very bad and the headache is what is causing you to feel grumpy. I will advise you to take Tab. Advil 400 mg three times daily in 6 hour intervals for 2-3 days depending on the pain severity.
However if your symptoms keep getting worse, and especially if you develop the nausea/vomiting tendency then CT becomes mandatory for diagnosis.
Hope this is helpful,