HIV, HEPATITIS C infection by using public paper towel.

Hepatitis C exposure concern. I was at a public bathroom ( my university) and there was no tp available, so I found some paper towels on the floor ( not in the holder), whiped and proceded about my day, i have since started freaking out, because it dawned on me that I might have put myself at some infection risk for something? ( i should say that i err on the side of paranoia on most cases), my particular concerns are with diseases such as HIV and Hepatitis c, please help put my mind at ease!

Category: General Surgeon

Expert:  Dr. Hari Charan Perigela replied 4 Days.

Thank you for posting your query at DoctorSpring.com
As per your description, it looks like Fissure in ano associated with internal piles.
I saw your picture also.
Fissure in ano is nothing but a crack inside the Anal canal. It causes pain while passing stool.
In the pic,there is a bulge at 7'o clock position. As piles are common at 3,7,11'o clock positions,you have piles also.
You should take high fiber diet, drink plenty of liquids and eat fresh fruits and vegetables. Your stool should be soft.
Non vegeterian should be avoided.
It may get resolved with dietary measures.
If there is no response, then a general surgeon will examine you and further treatment can be decided.
It will come down.
Hope I answered your query.
If you have any questions, I will clarify further.
Wish you good health.

Thanks for your response. I have increases my Fibre diet and water intake too as per advise. Do you also recommend some sort of Medicine along with. Currently I use Boro plus. Normally how long it should take to get off.

Expert:  Dr. Hari Charan Perigela replied 3 Days.

Diet is the main factor in the management of these diseases .
Along with diet ,I prescribe new tablet called SITCOM to my patients with similar complaints.
Ointment PILORUTE is also recommend ed for local application.
It will come down.

Twice a day sitcom? Should I use warm water to soak the affected area

Expert:  Dr. Hari Charan Perigela replied 2 Days.

You can start with 50 mg once daily for 2 weeks.
If not much improvement you can shift to 100 mg twice daily.
And yes warm water can be used to soak the area.

Dr. Hari Charan Perigela
Fellowship: DNB, General Surgery, National Board of Examinations, New Delhi, 2001
Residency: MS, General Surgery, Sri Venkateswara Medical College,Tirupathi, 2000
Medical School: MBBS, Kurnool Medical college, 1995