Lymph node enlargement in the neck.

Dear Dr Prasad, My apologies, me again... Just wanted to ask if the progression of this "story" is still normal. The girl has the lymph node still swollen. It has diminished in width, but not so in length. So it is more something of a narrow one now. It moves around, meaning it is not sticking hardly on one place. Is this progression still normal? Just wanted to reassure if the node can be still swollen. Otherwise the kid is in good health, just had a mild stomach flu but nothing apart from that. With best regards, Kaido

Category: Oncologist

Expert:  Dr. Prasad Eswaran replied 4 Days.

Hello and thankyou for approaching DoctorSpring.
I have gone through your case and understand your concern.
I am reassuring you that a small lymph node about that size , non progressive is absolutely normal. As guided in my earlier mail, please let me know if you had consulted a doctor and got your child completely examined ?
If yes what were the doctors findings?

Please reply as a followup.
Thankyou

Thank you once again! Yes we have been to pediatrician and a heamatologist. She touched the nodes and made a bunch of blood analysis. What she found was the mono and some elevation of CRP. The analysis was made a few days after she had caught a cold.
She did not find a need for biopsy though.

Expert:  Dr. Prasad Eswaran replied 3 Days.

That's great.. So be assured that there is no need for worrying in your case.

Dr. Prasad Eswaran
Doctorate in Medicine (Fellowship in Oncology), DM,  Madras Medical College & Govt. General Hospital, Chennai, India.

Doctor of Medicine (Residency in Radiation Oncology) , MD, Christian Medical College, Vellore, Tamilnadu, India, 2004-06.

Diploma in Medical Radiology & Therapy (Residency in Radiation Oncology), D.M.R.T, Madras Medical College & Govt. General Hospital, Chennai, India, 2004-06.

Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery - M.B.B.S, Govt. Stanley Medical College & Hospital, Chennai, India, 1998-2004.