White growths inside ANUS. SCAR TISSUE or CYSTS?

I have suffered from external hemorrhoids for some time. Just recently, a few months ago I started feeling bumps on the inside of my anus. I thought these were internal hemorrhoids... I recently just took my camera and videoed myself back there and at first glace everything looks normal, but when spreading open there are a few pea sized white "growths" inside my anus. I can't find a matching picture anywhere online. I would have never known they were there if I didn't look or feel them, it's almost like they are pimples. I don't think it's HPV. Might it be scar tissue or cysts as well?

I have uploaded a photo. They are not the best quality, but might give you an indication on the shape size and color.

I am intending to visit a doctors office at the end of the month, but any insight you have on what this is and what I can do on my own to help myself between then would be recommended.

Category: Gastroenterologist, Medical

Expert:  Dr. Ratnakar Kini replied 4 Days.

I am Dr.R.K and I am pleased to assist you.
The photo quality is somewhat good only and I could see the lesions.
First of all I would like to tell you, the anal sphincter itself does not appear normal. It appears torn.
The white lesions could be hypertrophied anal papilla.
An anal papilla is seen at the anal verge.
Hypertrophied anal papilla does not need any treatment as it usually does not cause any symptoms.
I hope that answers your question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr.R.K.

Thanks for the information. I know I've suffered from chronic problems for some years, probably fissures and hemroids but was always too embarassed to seek help. This is the first step in going to the doctors, so thank you for helping me understand it better.
Is there anything I can do on my own to help heal while I wait for my appointment? I've read a lot about sitz baths on the internet. Is there anything else or any over the counter creams that are designed to help heal and repair?

Expert:  Dr. Ratnakar Kini replied 3 Days.

Hypertrophied anal papilla does not need any treatment unless it causes discomfort.
If you have fissures you will have painful defecation and constipation. If you have these symptoms you need to take high fiber diet, drink lot of fluids, taje stool softeners and do sitz bath. If there is pain then for reloef you need to apply topical lignocaine and 2% diltiact.
I hope that answers your question.
Dr.R.K.

Dr. Ratnakar Kini
Fellowship - DM - TN Dr.MGR Medical UniversityResidency - TN Dr.MGR Medical University Medical School - Stanely Medical College, TN Dr.MGR Medical University