How long it will take for a retroverted uterus to become normal after uplift surgery?

Hi doctor, How long can it take for a retroverted uterus to become normal after an uplift surgery? I heard that there are many methods for this surgery. Can you please explain them along with their recovery times. I wish to go to a lake. I think it is better to have this surgery before going. Is it safe to swim in lake if this surgery is done? If it is not safe, how much time will it take to go to lake?

Thanks for your question. In normal cases, retroverted uteruses do not require any special care or treatment because it is not affected with one’s health. If one is suffering from severe pelvic pain, painful menses and painful sex, surgical correction may be required. Also, this must be due to a retroverted uterus and nothing else, to do a surgery. Surgical uplift of uterus is a quick, safe and simple procedure. It is simply an outpatient procedure and doesn’t require much hospitalization. Patient will be allowed to go back the same day itself. Recovery time is up to 2 weeks for allowing skin incisions to heal by itself. Once the wound is healed, you wll have no problems in swimming. Get well soon. Good day.