Treatment of side effects of SSRI'S.

I need to talk to a doctor whom is aware of the severe side effects of ssri's. About a month after my wile started taking them our life fell apart. She had been on celexa for 7-8 years. She has been off for 3. My marriage can't fight these side effects any more. I have been dead to her for over 10 years. She is missing the best part of her life. How can I fix this. I won't lose her to the drug industry

Category: Psychiatrist

Expert:  Dr. Srikanth Reddy replied 4 Days.

Reply from the Psychiatrist:
<<
Thanks for using Doctor Spring for posting your query.
I can understand what you are going through, but I would require a few more details to help you in a better way.
1. You have mentioned that your wife is suffering a lot from the side-effects of SSRI, but you have not specified the side-effects. Please describe her symptoms and the side-effects.
2. I guess she was started on Celexa for depression. How is she doing at present?

Hope to hear from you at your convenience.

Kind regards,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD.>>
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello. Thank you for choosing DoctorSpring.com.
Your consult has been reviewed and due to its specific nature, we have requested for a Psychiatrist's opinion, as he is well experienced with SSRIs. Hence we have upgraded your consult FREE to a 35$ specialist consult. As a result there might be further delay as the MD will need to review your case.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Wish you good health! Thank you. In-house Physician, The DoctorSpring Team.

Dr. Srikanth Reddy
Doctor of Medicine (MD), Psychiatry Residency Program,2001 – 2012
M.B.B.S,Mahatma Gandhi Institute Of Medical Sciences, Sevagram

Certificate Course in sex Therapy and Counselling, Sexology and Counselling, A
Sexology,Medikon Sexual Sciences, Mumbai

Training in Advanced Neurology at a leading corporate hospital (CARE hospital) in Hyderabad

Child Psychiatry Training in National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro-Sciences, Bangalore

Sex Therapy and Counsellingat MEDIKON Sexual Sciences, Mumbai.