How to taper DIAZEPAM befor coming PHYSICALLY DEPENDANT?

How long can i take a 10mg diazepam ( Valium ) daily before becoming physically dependant?
Do not want to become dependant and have to taper off.

Category: Urologist

Expert:  Dr. Rajiv Goel replied 4 Days.

It is very difficult to exactly pinpoint the cause of your discomfort without a physical examination.
However, it does not appear to be anything alarming and certainly not infection.
They took your urine samples twice? What was the interpretation?

You can start yourself on flomax (tamsulosin) and it shall improve your condition.
There is no urgency. You should see urologist at time suitable to yourself. Let me know after taking Tamsulosin if symptoms are subsiding.

Sincerely
Rajiv Goel

The first urine sample was to check for stds, that came up negative. The second time was a first urinalysis and everything was normal.
You state, "You can start yourself on flomax (tamsulosin)", is this a prescription drug, if so how can I start myself on it. Also since. Your suggesting medicine what do you suspect the problem is? I realize it's hard to say without a pphysical examination but you must have some thoughts on the situation.

Expert:  Dr. Rajiv Goel replied 3 Days.

A lot of times patients experience discomfort after intercourse and the cause is unexplained. Usually the phenomenon is temporary and flomax helps in early recovery. You can consult your local physician to write the prescription for you.

I really don't think you have any thing major and the things should settle by themselves.

Dr. Rajiv Goel
MCh(urology) Medical Council of India
Fellow, Laparoscopic urology, Germany
Fellow, Urooncology and Robotic urology, Australia
DNB - NBE
Felloship - MCH, Urology/Genito-Urinary Surgery, AIIMS, 2004
Residency - MS, Master of Surgery, AIIMS, 2001
Medical School - MBBS, Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, AIIMS, 1998