From your symptoms you seem to have respiratory tract infection.
Whiskey in very small amounts will only help to relive the symptoms as such. You need to look in for your infection to be treated first. I suggest you follow the following:
- Take steam inhalation with Vicks, it will help clear your nose of mucus.
- Do saline warm water gargling thrice a day.
- You can take Strepsils if itching in throat is too much.
- Take citrezene once night for three days.
- As you don't have a fever yet, you can avoid antibiotics for a while.
- Try doing breathing exercises and yoga everyday.
This should relieve your symptoms and make you feel fine. Donr forget to have good food and lots of fruits especially citrus fruits. They boost immunity.