Consult reply with additional inputs from Dr.Deepu Sebin Sebastian
Thank you for asking your query at DoctorSpring.
Let me list down my opinions for clarity.
1. The swelling in the neck are probably lymph nodes. And as you might be aware lymph nodes are normal glands in the body which can get enlarged when there is inflammation or infection. Sometime lymph nodes are palpable normally also. In your case the LN enlargement could be due to the local inflammation in the muscles. You can give it a week and see whether the nodes are resolving by itself. If not, you will require a course of antibiotic with or without FNAC – Fine needle aspiration biopsy to find out why the nodes are enlarged (Antibiotics will treat any possible bacterial infection causing the node enlargement).
2. The location of the nodes does not matter much in your case. The neck pain is not very specific (to make a diagnosis) It is probably related to strain or an unusal posture. Take an OTC pain medicine like Ibuprofen 400 mg twice daily for 3 days and it should be ok
3. Headaches, dizziness, and weariness for about a month – Need a basic evaluation including physical examination. All the symptoms could be due to your troubled sleep itself
4. Melena is worrying indeed. Do you really have loose dark stools ? If so how many times per day ? The upper stomach discomfort could be due to peptic ulcer. You should take an anti ulcer drug like Prilosec once a day for 7 days (atleast 1 hour before food). Please note I am NOT saying this is ulcer, but there is a possibility. If the symptom persists, you will need further evaluation by a Gastroenterologist including endoscopy.
5. I recommend visiting your GP to see whether your Lymph Nodes are ‘significant’ and for a general evaluation. The symptom patter you have described is not pointing towards a single diagnosis. You need not worry as there are no obvious alarming symptoms. But the GI complains, if persisting need attention.
Hope this helps
Please feel free to ask followup questions.