I have erection problems now when I had no problem with it before

Hello Doctor,

I fell suddenly I may have erection problem, me and my fiancé have been together for a period of time and until sometime before we had great sex life. When we switch places my erection seems to go away, and I am not able to do anything about that. So we have decided not to have sex for a few weeks time and I have stopped masturbation too. I just don’t want to disappoint her again. Can you tell me what is wrong?

Thanks for the question. It is uncommon for men to have erectile dysfunction(ED) suddenly. ED may happen with younger persons like you. There are many causes for this sudden happening, mostly due to intake of alcohol or smoking too. Sometimes stress or performance anxiety can also cause ED. It was a good idea about resting for sex and masturbating for some time. If this problem of erection continuous it would be better to consult a doctor about intake of drugs relating to ED.