Hello Mr. James.
Thank you for your query at DoctorSpring.com.
I understand your concern. Most causes of headaches are commonly benign (harmless).
Sinusitis (sinus congestion and inflammation) is a common cause of headaches which are worse in the mornings. This could be the cause in your case.
However, I would like some additional details in order to provide a more definitive opinion.
- Can you please describe the headache? Whether one-sided? Throbbing / piercing / dull / vague?
- Any pain in the front of the head and face?
- Does the headache increase on bending forwards?
- Any other symptoms of sinusitis like nose block, mucus drip in the throat, throat irritation, fever?
- Any symptoms like seeing spots, zigzag lines etc preceding the headache?
- Any associated nausea or vomiting?
- What treatment have you taken so far? Do the headaches resolve with this?
- Any medical illnesses?
Please reply to each of these in the follow-up.
Awaiting your response,