Infected sebaceous cyst on back taking Penicillin

I have a serbacious cyst on mu back that is infected, I saw a doctor on the weekend who has prescribed penicylian to address the infection before he could remove the cyst. Yesterday it came to a head like a big pimple and started seeping, I wiped off the discharge and cleaned it, Then placed a sterile dressing with anticeptic ointment over the area. This morning we changed the dressing, cleaned with disinfectant, and again placed a sterile dressing with anticeptic over it. I spoke to the doctor, he said that I should continue on the penicillin and there is nothing he can do until the infection has been addressed. It is modratly painful with the pain increasing as pressure is applied, when I lean back etc. I can't sleep on my back due to the pain.

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks for your query posted and the image sent .

The picture clearly indicates that there is an inflammatory collection of pus .

Ideally you should get the area incised and remove the collection of pus out from a surgeon under cover of the antibiotics. So,do continue with the antibiotic and also add a tablet of paracetamol.

This should help in reducing the inflammation faster and relieve the pressure.

Thanks and take care