Injury in my scrotum while playing football

I am 18 year old.6 months ago I had an injury on my scrotum while playing football, there was a swelling in my right side of the scrotum. I went to the doctor and now the swelling is gone and so the pain. Will this have an impact on my sexual life?

Hello , Thanks for writing to us,

The Sexual function of an individual depends on many factors. The fact that the main organ responsible for sexual activity in men is testis and that they (two of them) are located in the scrotum, they must not be exposed to any kind of trauma. Testes account for the major production of testosterone which is responsible for sexual arousal and penile erection.

In your case the damage must have been limited to the scrotum,(assuming the right testicle is not injured) leading to hematocele- a collection of blood in the scrotum. It must have resolved over a period of time. Based on this history, there shouldn't be any impact of this on your sexual life even if the right testicle has an impaired function, because one functional testis can take over the work of both the testes in the production of testosterone to maintain the sexual function.