Intermittent chest pain with MITRAL VALVE PROLAPSE, ATRIAL FLUTTER.

I recently have had a new intermittent dull or very mild chest pain seemingly at or around my heart it happens a fair number of times a day.

I have mitral valve prolapse. For a while had atrial flutter, though the atrial flutter has gone away (my cardiologist agrees). This new pain does not feel like atrial flutter

I have a cardiologist appointment in about 4 weeks. Should I get my heart checked out before that?

There might be itching on your scalp in case you have dandruff, lice or some Folliculitis which is a bacterial infection.

I would recommend that you use an anti dandruff shampoo like nizoral shampoo. That might help with the itching. Also you can apply a mix of cortisone lotion and an antibiotic cream like neosporin on the scalp.

The ulcer could be an aphthous ulcer. You can take a vitamin b complex supplement for the same. Since the lymph nodes are enlarged you will need a course of an oral antibiotic like azithromycin. You will need a prescription for the same. You can apply a soothing mouth paint to soothe the ulcer.

I have recommended the above suggestions after reading your history. However i would need to examine you to come to a conclusive diagnosis. Hence you can try the above recommendations for a couple of days but if they don't help you need to visit your dermatologist.

Thank you so much. I got my doctor to prescribe azithromycin and started it today. I am also applying a mixture of cortisone lotion and triple antibiotics ointment at bedtime. I was curious if eating yogurt could have caused this itching scalp. I started eating it daily about 8 weeks ago because I had recurring yeast infections. The timing makes me suspect of it.

Yogurt won't have a role in itching. Please feel free to follow-up.